Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Local Discussion > Spring Trails Discussion

Old 02-28-2015, 02:40 AM   #11
Gooner

Angry

Agreed. Visiting family and friends have noticed and even they think it's ridiculous the amount of police presence at the front. They always mention how someone is always pulled over when they visit. It freaks them out.
Gooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #12
Ian

I'm all for the zero tolerance. Helps keep our neighborhood from becoming one of the lawless wastelands. I have warned people that may come visit to put front license plates on and observe the rules of the road.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:05 PM   #13
strails10

Default agree

I'm with Ian on this one. Especially once all the grocery stores, fast food eateries, apartments and the parkway are in place outside our neighborhood. We will want the inevitable riffraff met with a strong police presence. Doesn't hurt to set that standard now.
strails10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:18 PM   #14
will

Random question to the group....
Does anyone know if a gym or small fitness center is being planned in all the new construction going up?
I don't want to renew my membership at a gym I drive to if one is coming in the neighborhood.
Sorry to take everyone of topic but this seems to be the most active thread.
Thanks,
will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #15
Ian

I don't recall anything about a gym or fitness center in the construction at the entrance to ST. A doctor's office, a pharmacy and an eatery (The Runaway Plate) are all I know of.

I did hear about a new facility that opened at 915 Spring Cypress Rd (just through OTS) called Impact Strong though that might not be your kind of thing.
http://www.impactstrongspringtx.com/

There are also several Crossfit facilities in the area now.

Last edited by Ian; 04-13-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #16
lgaskill

The pulling over has gotten worse. I thought the patrols were more for our protection and not harassment of the residents
lgaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:10 PM   #17
Ian

So I have heard of several zero tolerance traffic stops, including failure to signal.
Surely the Constables should set an example; I followed one out of the neighborhood recently who failed to signal a left turn in front of the swimming pool, and also the right turn onto Riley Fuzzel Rd. something for which I know a fellow resident was pulled over for.
Old 05-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #18
SJO

I was pulled over a few weeks ago for going 26 mph in the 20 mph school zone. As soon as Officer Sandoval came to my window, I admitted and apologized for speeding in the school zone. He was very polite and professional. Ran my license and gave me a warning. I did not experience any of the issues that most people have stated.
SJO is offline   Reply With Quote