Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Local Discussion > Spring Trails Discussion

Old 09-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Mike2204

Default Grand Parkway Construction

Now that we're seeing materials being unloaded to the East side of Riley Fuzzel, does anyone know the order in which the construction will be done? In other words, I think it would make sense to do the sound wall and the Northbound access road first before doing the actual freeway construction. That way, you can continue to the have the flow of traffic while the road is being built in between. I know nothing about road construction, so for all I know, it's unlikely they can do it that way. Just wanted to see if anyone had an idea of the plans for construction.
Mike2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
Ian

I tend to agree with your thoughts, otherwise we lose our front entrance/exit capabilities for a while. Even if that is how it happens, I guess we lose left turn onto RF fairly soon.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #3
LSUNutt

I think we'll likely lose the left turn fairly early unfortunately. I did read, though i cannot remember where, the feeder roads would be constructed 1st at the same time the overpasses are. If you drive down by Stripes the process has begun to form up for the pilings leading up to the Rayford.
LSUNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #4
Texbrodave

If I could see the plan & profile or the traffic control plans I could say exactly what will occur. I will guess (as a road builder) so take it with a grain of salt as I could be way wrong.

I think they will get everyone used to passing thru the curve (near the bridge) in 2 lanes one each way. Then the area now cleared between ST & RF will become the GP main lanes and East bound feeder. They will create a wide 6-8 lane overpass at the curve in RF while keeping 2 way traffic with some short term closures to hang beams. This will allow RF traffic to flow after the GP is built. So basically the current East West RF traffic will be linking up with the new GP feeder roads.

I think we will lose the ability to turn left out the entrance as soon as they start building the newly cleared areas near the ST sign. They will do everything they can to keep us moving. But we will soon be detouring thru Discovery to reach the overpass and left turn area near Rayford. That is until the GP East bound service Road is complete and we can use the front ST exit to the service road and U turn at Rayford. ...My guess.
Texbrodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
Texbrodave

It's alos possible they connect the East bound RF traffic to the new GP feeder. And the current West bound RF traffic has to go down and make a U turn under the bridge at Spring Creek to continue West bound on RF. Then they wouldn't need an overpass at the curve.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
LSUNutt

There is a GP meeting on the 16th for reps in the county for business and emergency personnel, my husband will be attending. Maybe this will be addressed or at least the question can be asked.
LSUNutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #7
Texbrodave

Recommendation that the County Judge and appropriate officials execute the contract and bonds when they are fully executed by the contractor, and that the award be made to Webber, LLC, lowest and best bid in the amount of $33,927,722 for construction of the Hardy Toll Road/SH-99 interchange project in Precinct 4.

Looks like Harris County will be working on this intersection.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
Mike2204

To me, it only makes sense that they do the Eastbound access road first, because if they start the Parkway first, then it eliminates our ability to get into the neighborhood via Spring Trails Ridge for however long it's going to take to finish our section. And I certainly hope it doesn't go down to 2 lanes, one each way, because that's going to be a freaking nightmare. Traffic already sucks at 5:45pm-6:00pm. Take it down to 1 lane? I might have to change my hours at work.
Mike2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #9
Texbrodave

Yes I agree Mike it would be nice if they did that.

It does not do them much good to finish main lanes in the section in front of ST without the bridge they have been working on over Spring Creek and the I 45 interchange complete. But as soon as we see those 2 spots nearing completion I would expect the main lanes to come barreling thru here.

Since it's going to inconvenience us and they know we will start raising heck they will put it off as long as possible and then go as fast as they can to get past us.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
Roadrunner
Princess

I unfortunately live quite close to the lovely Grand Parkway construction. I was on vacation last week and returned Sunday. Since I got back they've been working until 1:30am and the truck and tractor noise is making it impossible for me to sleep. Why are they allowed to do that? I'm pretty sure if I decided to mow my lawn at midnight I would hear about it from several people including the HOA. Is there anyone we can complain to about this or is this just one more added attraction to having the Grand Parkway running through my backyard?
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote