Go Back   Spring Trails Online > Local Discussion > Spring Trails Discussion

Old 01-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #1
Maverick

Default Enough already!!

I'm sure we can all say Thank you, to the local posse' for keeping our community safe. But, C'mon man, enough of the belligerent pulling over of people as they enter and exit the neighborhood. No, I haven't been; but I've watched as more than a half dozen just today stop for the friendly roundup of visitation into our vehicles, and information....in hopes they make the "big" bust. I can rant here, but I will be in contact with the Constable to say, idle the mule back a bit, it's annoying....
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #2
legal22

I agree. I'm all for pulling people over if they're acting like our circle is their own Indianapolis 500, but I don't see it! I thought they were supposed to be patrolling for real crime, not harassing residents. And I too, have never been stopped because I do the speed limit.
legal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
Pines1

Yep! It's a little crazy!!
Pines1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
maikafer05

The police just can't win. If they do what they are hired to do, people complain, if they don't, people complain. What would you like them to do?
maikafer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #5
Ian

I'm all for stopping the speeders and non-stoppers, but a warning for not using your blinker in a right turn only lane is a bit over the top in my opinion.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #6
Maverick

Maik, it's not that they "just can't win". I have great respect for all public service folks....and that includes the LEO. Their job is a tough one, for sure! Ian, kinda shares my point in that when they sit at the 3 way stop, it's a bit ridiculous to pull someone over that didn't use their blinker to make a turn that was obvious. Or the quick stop for a sticker that may be out of date. Yes, both are infractions...got it! But, I think we can all agree that speeds around the bend are much more flagrant dangers than that.... And rolling and patrolling are far more beneficial to the safety of the community as well. Post presence...sure.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:09 PM   #7
maikafer05

Blinkers???? Do most drivers even know they are installed in their car? I use mine religiously, but MOST drivers don't. You are supposed to know which direction they want to go!!! I noticed the same with headlights. There are so many drivers that drive in the evenings without them. Very dangerous in my opinion. Back to the blinkers and turns though, and I don't want to sound like a stickler (which I am not), but it's the law that you use your turn signal every time you make a turn or lane change. Sorry....

Last edited by maikafer05; 01-15-2015 at 12:12 PM.
maikafer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:54 AM   #8
strails10

As much as they stake out the front entrance, I wonder if they are getting the folks that go the wrong way down the entrance. I see it much too often and it's going to cause a bad head-on one of these days. But kudos to our constables for their service. Lots of crazies out there.
strails10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #9
legal22

So in the last week I've seen four people pulled over by, IMO, overzealous constables. One right in front of me, I don't know what the guy did, I didn't see anything wrong but obviously LE did. And when I came home last night, when I was pulling into my section I could see the blue and red lights flashing. I immediately thought it was an ambulance for my elderly mother who lives with me and I panicked! When I got to where I could see, it was just a constable who pulled someone over right in front of my house! Geesh!
legal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #10
CCHoliday

I agree - Totally ridiculous!!! way over zealous
They are like stalkers
CCHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote